In this post I wanted to update you all about the need we had for a newer and updated heating system in the old house we used to live in which we now use for Sunday school classes. We asked you all to pray for the Lord to provide this need.
We are happy to report that the following month our regular support was enough for us to be able to take care of this need! We were very grateful for your prayers as we were able to purchase all of the necessary items to put together the heating system and get it up and running within a week or two.
As the process began, it was quite the mess!
Eventually, we were able to clear out the area where the old stove stood and move the stove we had first purchased to heat our new house into it's place. We plan on painting the bricks to make the are look more finished. But, just getting to this point and removing all the old bricks was a giant step completed!
For those of you who might be curious, we then go to a store like this one pictured below where they sell lots and lots of parts to piece together a radiator system which will carry heated fluid from the stove all throughout the house.
This system will be similar to the heating system in our new house but, only much less complicated.
A trip to this store with my hubby always makes me proud of my husband as he knows exactly what he needs and is able to express himself to the store clerks. When you are ready to "order" your items, they scan the product numbers and send those numbers on to the warehouse where you pick them up once you have paid for them.
|My husband choosing the parts we need to build the heating system.|
So, once you have made your purchases, you take it all home and feel like a kid again with a new Lego set.
Finally, you are ready to put the pieces together.
|This is the emergency air pressure release tank (red), gauges, and electric pump|
to pump the fluid through the pipes (green).
We put in four radiators under four windows at this point. We might add one more at a later time.
(Please forgive the torn wallpaper in the pics which had to be removed in order to remove mold damage after we moved out of the house and before we started using it for our Sunday school ministry.)
|This is the main room of the house where we hold SS classes.|
As you can see, wallpaper is pretty close to the top of the "to do" list for the old house!
Once the pipes were all connected, the radiators prepared and connected to the pipes, and the system was checked for leaks, we were ready for a Sunday morning!
Thank you for praying!
All is working well and the kids are very thankful for a warmer place to gather and learn about God's Word!